The next step

I have worked from the live nude periodically since the early 1970's. This blog started August 9th, 2012 in my second year of working almost exclusively from the figure.

In the fall of 2015 I reintroduced still lifes and an occasional cityscape into my painting repertoire. Rather than abandon this figure blog or start a new one I decided to add them to the conservation.

All drawings and paintings posted on this blog were done entirely from live models or on location.

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Don't Go There

It has never occurred to me to discuss politics on this blog but unless one has been living under the proverbial rock the topic is hard to avoid. I will only broach it in a general sense because in the aftermath of our recent national election so many in my social circle seem to be concerned. I am sensing a genuine collective angst.

Male Nude with Bullwhip, oil pastel, 11" X 7", 2016

Media coverage reached absurd frenzied levels in the lead up to the election. Comedy shows no longer had to write scripts. Actors could simply recite actual dialogue. In the wake of all this my soul saving stance has been to shut out the media including Television, internet, radio and newspapers. I went cold turkey. The first week or so was unsettling. Missing the emotional rush and filling newly available time was disorienting. I got through it. I'm on the other side. I'm reading books, drawing and painting.

We are in an emotional time for our country. My best prediction is that it will bring out the worst and ultimately the best of our nation.


No comments:

Post a Comment