The next step

I have worked from the live nude periodically since the early 1970's. This blog started August 9th, 2012 in my second year of working almost exclusively from the figure.

In the fall of 2015 I reintroduced still lifes and an occasional cityscape into my painting repertoire. Rather than abandon this figure blog or start a new one I decided to add them to the conservation.

All drawings and paintings posted on this blog were done entirely from live models or on location.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

On Exhibiting (part two)

This post is appearing in the aftermath of my first exhibition in four years. The show I managed to mount was both in scale and in scope a quantum leap above anything I had done previously. Standing in the gallery rooms before the first visitors arrived I felt a warm sense of fulfillment. The opening drew a full house of artists, models and friends. Surprisingly even a few nudes sold. By any metric I value it was a resounding success.

Portrait Study, oil pastel, 6" X 5", 2016

Exhibition Wall

In a post a month ago I said it is essential for visual artists to put their work on display. This show now stands as a vivid marker in my art career. It also provided a needed sense of finality. Now I can start on the next phase of my artistic adventure and just like when facing a blank canvas I have no idea where I'm going.


No comments:

Post a Comment