The next step

I have worked from the live nude periodically since the early 1970's. This blog starts in my second year of working almost exclusively from the figure.

In the fall of 2015 I reintroduced still lifes and an occasional cityscape into my painting repertoire. Rather than abandon this figure blog or start a new one I decided to just add them to the conservation.

All drawings and paintings posted on this blog were done entirely from the live model.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Group

A surprise figure drawing session this week.  August was supposed to be an off month for the group.  Vacation schedules and other summer obligations made it difficult to gather a quorum.  A small core, however, apparently had withdrawal issues and Susan Ishii graciously called a "private" session.  What a delight!  I was only able to stay the first hour or so but the environment was wonderful.  Model, lighting and setting all worked and from what I saw during a hasty exit so did the drawing.

After some five minute warm ups here is my thirty minute oil pastel effort.

Reclining Nude, oil pastel, 6 1/2" X 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment