The next step

I have worked from the live nude periodically since the early 1970's. This blog started August 9th, 2012 in my second year of working almost exclusively from the figure.

In the fall of 2015 I reintroduced still lifes and an occasional cityscape into my painting repertoire. Rather than abandon this figure blog or start a new one I decided to add them to the conservation.

All drawings and paintings posted on this blog were done entirely from live models or on location.

Friday, August 9, 2013

The Next Step


In October of 2012 I started a handwritten journal dedicated exclusively to my figurative work. The hope was that by putting my thoughts down on paper I would learn something. A more deliberate approach to working from the live nude - pausing periodically to write and reflect.  It has been a revelation.

This incarnation brings me into the digital age. I still view this primarily as a personal educational tool. In the unlikely event anyone reading this blog finds it useful - wonderful!


 30 minute oil pastel study from a few weeks back, 7 1/2 " X 7"


1 comment: