The next step

I have worked from the live nude periodically since the early 1970's. This blog started August 9th, 2012 in my second year of working almost exclusively from the figure.

In the fall of 2015 I reintroduced still lifes and an occasional cityscape into my painting repertoire. Rather than abandon this figure blog or start a new one I decided to add them to the conservation.

All drawings and paintings posted on this blog were done entirely from live models or on location.

Friday, September 20, 2013

The Blog Monster

When I started this blog nearly two months ago I intended to post roughly once a week. I'm only posting on topics I find interesting and not on some self imposed schedule. But like a child with a new toy I have been posting at twice that rate. I have no previous experience with this media. The only thing comparable is my handwritten personal journal.  I use it to make observations and keep a chronological record of my figurative work. It has proven to be very helpful.

This blog is a different creature. From the first post I was aware of a potential audience. It's no longer strictly personal. I'm trying to make each entry coherent and am thoroughly enjoying the process. But I'm becoming concerned that it may be actually tapping and sapping my creative reservoir.  I will have to be aware of keeping my main focus at the easel and drawing pad.

Anyway, after a two week hiatus from drawing due in part to over blogging, here is an oil pastel from an open model session at The Art League in Alexandria, Virginia.


Seated Nude, 9 3/4" X 9 3/4", 3 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment